- Australian Citizen
- Canberra, ACT Location
- Contract until EOFY!
The primary duties of the Spatial Data Specialist (ESRI ArcGIS) is to develop a system to acquire, clean and match text based location data (cadastral, address, etc.) to existing spatial cadastral data (cadlite, or state and territory land parcel systems).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Employ flexible technical problem-solving abilities and initiative
- Apply programming or scripting skills for text manipulation and data matching
- Acquire an understanding of ERIN business processes in spatial data management and software
- Document the spatial capture process and develop compatible metadata for the resulting dataset
- Develop a system for acquiring updated data
- Communicate effectively in order to liaise between Departments
- Support administration of the portfolio’s regulatory functions
- Undertake broader data analysis and mapping support as demand increases
Skills and Experience:
- Skills in Geographic Information Systems (using ESRI ArcGIS product suite) and Excel
- Flexible technical problem-solving abilities and initiative
- Ability to acquire an understanding of ERIN business processes in spatial data management and software
- High level communication skills and the ability to liaise with staff from other Departments
- Ability to document the spatial capture process and develop compatible metadata for the resulting dataset
This role is in a Commonwealth Government environment and the client is limited to accepting Australian citizens.
Please APPLY NOW with your resume in WORD format and we will contact you if your skills are deemed suited.
Thank you, Torch Professional Services appreciates your interest.